Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Reading Diary A: The Monkey King Sun Wu Kung

These were my thoughts as I was reading The Monkey King Sun Wu Kung
these were my favorite stories so far. In fact I liked them so much that I read them all the way through with out stopping to take notes. (oops). I had been looking forward to reading these stories because there is a game that I like to play called smite and Sun Wu Kung is one of the the people you can play as. It was cool learning about the rod that he uses in The Dragon-Queen because this is the same thing that he uses in the game but I never knew where it came from. There were a lot of things that I learned from playing smite about Sun Wu Kung but there were many new thing that I learned from this reading. In Handsome King of the Apes i never knew that he came from an egg of stone. or in The Master I never knew how clever Sun Wu Kung really was. I liked the part where he was hit three times but understood that the master was not mad but that he was telling him to meet him. At some points I even felt bad for Sun Wu Kung. Like in Sun Wu Kung Departs when he turned in to a tree but then was forced to leave. 
I am really excited to read the other half of these stories and find out what happens now that he is fully trained and has a weapon and armor.   
Sun Wu Kung Jumping the waterfall from Wikimedia

No comments:

Post a Comment