Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Reading Diary B: Aesop for Children (Winter)



Ok so I am going to try to make this one a little shorter than my last one.

All of these stories have some kind of lesson in them and that's why I like them. Some lessons are better than others but for the most part they are all pretty good. 

I would say that my favorite story from this collection was The Cat the Cock, and the Young Mouse. I really like the way that this story played out. they young mouse had no idea what he was seeing and I love they way that he makes the cock into a monster while making the cat into a friend when in reality it should be the opposite. 

My other favorite story was Mercury and the Woodman. I liked this one because it was different than the rest of the stories. In most of the stories something bad happens to one for the main charters because they do something wrong but in this story he tells the truth and gets rewarded for it. Then the people who lie get punished for it. I think this story would have been important for kids to hear because it shows the importance of telling the truth. ( I also like the fact that he hit them over the head when they lied I thought that was funny)
Mercury and the Woodman:can be found in the Un-Textbook


there was one story that I did not really care for and that was The Ass and the Grasshoppers. while the story was fun and all I did not really see a point in the lesson "The laws of nature are unchangeable." I guess they are trying to say don't be something your not but regardless I would have liked it more if it had a better lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment