Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Reading Diary B: Indian Fairy Tales


These were my thoughts while reading the Indian Fairy Tales unit 
I will be comparing these notes with the ones I took yesterday for my growth mind set 

The Talkative Tortoise- this story seams pretty similar to the one that I earlier in the semester. the only difference is there is a little more detail in this one and it is about the Buddha.   

The Gold-Giving Serpent- The greed is what destroyed these people. I like this story not only was the son greedy but so was the father when he just forgot about the death  

Pride Goeth Before a Fall- that was a very good way to trick the robbers. It was a good thing the leader was watching and took advantage of the situation. I also like the part when it says they were like bags of rice that was a good description. 

The Prince and the Fakir- this story was kind of strange and all over the place. I did not really care for it that much. I did not really see the point in it.   

Why the Fish Laughed- This story was pretty crazy there was a lot going on that was not understood my the people in the story i really like it. I think the point of the story is that things are not always as the seem.  
 illustrations by John D. Batten. can be found HERE
The Demon with the Matted Hair- That must be some pretty nasty hair is everything was able to get stuck in it. It was able to stop everything but the power of knowledge and courage. 

How Sun, Moon, and Wind Went Out to Dinner- This was a nice little story to finish things up with and it also explains why the sun is so hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment