Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Reading Diary A: Indian Fairy Tales

These reading notes are going to look a little different than my other ones because i am trying something for my growth mind set.( ill put a link to that page when its done) 

The stories that I read come from Indian Fairy Tales unit.

Over all I did enjoy reading theses stories. Some of them reminded me of other stories that I have read in other unites like The Lion and the Crane story. Its interesting to me that two very similar stories can come out of two different places. I also liked that these stories had a few different lessons in them. For example in The Tiger, The Brahman, and the Jackal I felt as though there were a few different lessons present. One of these lessons is don't just blindly trust people. The other is do not expect a reward for something that your are expected to do. 

I liked how in these readings we got to see the two sides of the crane. we got to see him save the lion in The Lion and the Crane, but we also saw him trick the fish and lose his life because of it in The Cruel Crane Outwitted

I think that my favorite story was the Broken pot. I thought is was funny how deep he was going into his dream but then it was all ruined because he broke the pot. i think i might try rewriting that story.
Illustration by John D. Batten, can he found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment