Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Reading Diary B: Homer's Odyssey

These were my thoughts while reading the second section of Homer's Odyssey  

Ghosts of Erebus- The place where they dock they ship seams pretty spooky. I can just picture all the dead flying out of the ground that would be such a horrific site Odysseus is truly a brave man.

The Soul of Elpenor- Oh man I thought it was bad that he saw his friends ghost, but then he saw his mother I can not imagine what that would be like he had no idea she was even dead.

The Ghost of Teiresias- After the story of his fate they only thing that he questions is about his mouther. I just find that interesting.

The Spirit of Anticleia-  I like how they used the mothers ghost to give Odysseus an update on what was going on at home with out him. That was a very creative way of doing so. His mother must have been very upset that her son was not home if she died from missing him. I can not imagine what it would be like to miss someone that much. Maybe its something only a mother can do for her son.

The Ghosts of Famous Women- That is a lot of dead people to talk to. On a side note the stories of gods sleeping with people was always a little strange to me.

The Ghost of Agamemnon- What a fate to be killed by your own wife.

The Ghost of Ajax- the after life for some of these guys is not appealing. Ajax must have a lot of hatred towards Odysseus

The Sirens, Scylla, and Charybdis- Part of me wants to know what that song sounded like.            


Odysseus talking to Teiresias: Found on Wikimedia By: Fussli

No comments:

Post a Comment