Thursday, September 3, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Aesop's Fables (Jacobs)

For my short reading I decided to read the other Aesop's Fables. I had already read the ones by winter so I wanted to see what Jacobs was like. Over all I liked these. I like how short they are so it makes it easy for me to read them but at the same time they all have a good lesson. As I was reading I began to wonder why all these stories have animals that are the main characters. It’s kind of odd they really do not have people in them. But then I got to thinking that the reason for this would be so that we can understand their personalities. For example in The Lion and the Mouse if we had some guy named Dave take the place of the lion and some girl named sue take the place of the mouse then we would know nothing about them and there would be no impact. So then the story would look like this Dave catches sue and then lets her go. Then later sue helps to untie Dave.... cool who cares? But when we have a lion who gets saved by a mouse its like wow the kings of the jungle was just saved by a mouse and you can see the impact that that has on the story. This made me think about how important good charters are to a story and how sometimes a different person (or animal) can change the entire story. Sorry if that’s not well explained those were just my thoughts as I was reading    
Picture of the Lion and Mouse story: can be found in the Un-Textbook 




All the stories for this unit can be found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment