Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Reading Diary A: South African Folktales

these were my thoughts while reading South African Folktales

The Lost Message- Silly ants should have just worked together and they would have been fine. I dont understand why it is so hard for some people to get along
The Monkey's Fiddle- I really liked this story it was fun and it also showed how powerful music can be.
The Tiger, The Ram, and The Jackal- the silly tiger was just scared of what he did not know.
The Lion, The Jackal, and The Man- I liked seeing this story from the lions point of view and how he thought that the mad pulled out a rib when it was really jus a knife.
The World's Reward- this story was very similar to the last one but this time it was from the mans point of view. I wounder if there will be more stories when they take one view and switch it to another.
Tiger and Jackal- This story makes me thing that they jackal is the African version of the trickster.
Tink-Tinkje- Im really sure what happened at the end of this story of what that has so do with the rest of it. 
The Lion and Jackal- the lion should know by now not to trust the loin.
Jackal Fools Lion Again- man these lions really need to stop trusting the jackals. 
The Hunt of Lion and Jackal- again the jackal tricks the lion. I wonder why this is such a popular theme in Africa 
Story of Lion and Little Jackal- okay I am kind of getting tired of this same story over and over again. The Lioness and the Ostrich- Why does the lion always lose in these stories?   
The Story of a Dam- just when I thought lion would win the jackal got him again 

The Jackal From Wikimedia

No comments:

Post a Comment