Friday, October 2, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Chinese Fairy Tales

These were my thoughts as I was reading Chinese Fairy Tales

The Favorite of Fortune and the Child of Ill Luck- I guess you can take a person out of a situation but you can never really change who they are.

The Cave of the Beasts- It was messed up that the father was going to kill his daughters over eggs but I think what they were trying to show is to tell the truth, dont keep secrets and to forgive each other.

 The Panther- this story reminded me of the big bad wolf. I always thing its interesting when there are similar stories from different places.

Why Dog and Cat are Enemies- this is like a shorter version of story when the prince loses his ring so the animals go out and find it but in this story the dog and cat end up hating each other 

Yang Oerlang- I thought it was pretty cool that he just picked up mountains and smashed the suns with them. im glad he left one though or we would have a hard time seeing.

 The Lady of the Moon- this was a little confusing because i thought we just read about the suns being destroyed. do they havedifferent tellings of this in other stories as well?

The Girl with the Horse’s Head or the Silkworm Goddess- this story was very strange there were a few things that just did not seam right about it.

 The God of War- Guan Yu is so cool he is such a mighty warrior. He is the reason I read this section. I really like him and the values that he holds. 
Guan Yu from wikimedia 
The Miserly Farmer- he got him pretty good maybe if he had just helped it would not have ended so bad. also it makes me think of aladdin for some reason.

The King of the Ants- I am really not sure what i just read here. ok after reading that Emmet means ant it makes a little more scene. just because your king of something does not mean that your are the most powerful    

No comments:

Post a Comment