Thursday, August 27, 2015

potential reading in the UnTextbook

OK so to start I just went through the UN-textbook and skimmed over everything. 

Here are the stories that stuck out to me (in no particular order)

1-Adam and Eve. This is such a classic story. I was kind of surprised to see it in our reading list but it is something that is important and interesting to me so that's how it made it on my list. I would also love to learn more about there story and really dive in to it.

2-Ramayana. OK so the reason I picked this story might be a little different than most people. Like I said in my introduction I like to play computer games. Well there is this one game called SMITE and it lets you play as different gods and goddesses and Rama is one of the god that you can play as so I thought it would be cool to get to know more about him.

3-The Monkey King Sun Wu Kung. I picked this for a very similar reason as to why I picked Ramayana (ok fine its the same reason). In the game he can transform into different animals and I would like to see if this is true in the stories. I also really like monkeys 
The monkey king fighting a monster image found at wikimedia 


4-Apache Tales. I really like native american tales. I have taken a few classes where I got to learn about there culture a little more and one of my favorite parts about it is the roll that the trickster plays. I think this is a very unique thing to native american and I would love to learn more about it.    


    

No comments:

Post a Comment