Sunday, August 30, 2015

Growth Mindset

The growth mindset is a very cool concept. I have never heard it called that before but I really like it because that is my way of thinking. I think that effort is just as important as the results that you get. I had never heard of the growth mindset or of Carol Dweck before this class. I see my self as a growth mindset kind of person for the most part. sometimes how ever I do find my self doing work just so I can get a grade and this is upsetting to me. I did not come to school to get grades but I came here to learn and I feel like we forget that sometimes. there have been many time where my friends and I have talked about this topic with out knowing its proper name. Its nice to know that this is an actual thing that has research backing it not not just something that we made up our selves. I am excited to put this way of thinking to work this semester and to see what kind of results I get.

Meme from the Growth Mindset memes page 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely as I believe people get out as much they put in. Hence, the results depend on how much effort you put in. I also agree that there are other things to take away from a class than grades. I tend to forget this, but I'm trying my best to mend my ways. I love the picture of the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it looks like I have posted on your blog a lot! (Sorry)
    So I am going to use my second post here on your Growth Mindset blog!
    I can absolutely agree with you when you say you did not come to college for grades, but to learn. I have learned to think that way, as well. A grade written on a piece of paper only tells so much about someone, but the information and knowledge in which they hold means so much more.

    ReplyDelete