Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Reading Diary A: Russian Folktales

for my reading this week I am reading the Russian Folktales unit. I have chosen to read these all the way and then make my comments at the end. normal i just wright as i read but i wanted to stitch it up.

I chose to read Russian Folktales because i thought it would be interesting and it did not let me down. there were many good stories in this unit like, The Bad Wife. In The Bad Wife there is a man has a wife so bad that demons are afraid of her. the concept to this is just so funny to me. I wounder why this story was written and i do not want to meat the writers wife. Another good story was The Miser. In this story marco is really just a super stingy man who will do what ever it takes to keep his money even after he promised the moujik he would pay him back. the moujik outsmarted him and in the end got half his stuff but marco never ended up paying him. I thought that even after everything he would still not pay. My favorite story from this unit was The Dead Mother.
this story so so  strange and different than anything else i have read in this book. it starts off pretty dark but then ontly gets worse as some one is sneaking into the house. at the end of the story you find out that the mother ( whom is dead) is the one going into the house and feeding the baby but also that the baby is dead. it was pretty spooky.    
ghost from Pixbay

No comments:

Post a Comment