Friday, November 6, 2015

Extra Reading Diary:Aesop's Fables (English)

These were my thoughts as i was reading Aesop's Fables (English)
Wolves- I like how the image of the wold has changed. 

Aesop's Fables: Dogs- the one about the dog trying to bite his reflections food always makes me laugh. that crocodile wanted the dog to drink be he would not. hahahah i never though i would read about why dogs sniff butts. I is better to just be your self and it is way worse if a trusted person messes up. you should never act out of anger.

Cats and Weasels- its cool that the romans would tell stories about the weasels and mice instead of the cat. its just another sly and tricky animal.

Birds- the cock and the Pearl I really like this story even though it is really short i still feel like it has a many different lessons in it.
the first being one mans trash is another mans treasure. when the cock finds the pearl it is just trash to him yet to anyone who knew it most definitely would have been treasure. the other thing i think this shows is to think about what you have. If he would have asked about he would have been able to get all the food that he wished but now he is left with nothing. The Crow and the Pitcher is a true story i have actually seen a crow do this.
Illastration from  Steinhowel (colored)

Frogs- that would be bad if there was more than one son. it would be to hot to do anything im with the frogs on this one.     

1 comment:

  1. I love all the Aesop fables – they’re great. It’s one of the reasons why I chose to use them for my project (except I used Winter’s version, instead of English’s). I agree with a lot of your assessments about these fables. The Cock and the Pearl was funny, too, and I remember thinking “Who even leaves a pearl out for a rooster to find?”

    ReplyDelete