Friday, November 13, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Nursery Rhymes

so i might have forgot to do my reading diary part B so i decided to make up for it with he one.

these were my thought while reading the Nursery Rhymes unit.
over all these stories are very... fun? is that the word im looking for?
these stories are crazy. I really dont understand the point of them. ( yes I understand that they are for entertainment) Like who made them up and why. they are so silly. when i think of Nursery Rhymes I think of little kids but there is no way that these are all for little kids or that little kids would understand them.
out of all the types of Nursery Rhymes I think that my favorite were the Accumulative Stories. I really like these because I feel like they represent the troubles that we have to deal with in our life. one things leads to another to another and they just keep building on each other, until one day we fix one problem and everything works its self out. just like the woman and the cat. 
while the Accumulative stories were my favorite group of stories my single favorite come from Relics.  
"THE girl in the lane, that couldn't speak plain,
Cried, "Gobble, gobble, gobble."
The man on the hill, that couldn't stand still,
Went hobble, hobble, hobble."
this one just made me laugh and for some reason it made me happy and that's why its my favorite   

Here is a pic of a wild turkey to go with the gobble 
wild turkey found on Wikipedia 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment