Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Reading Diary B: Beowulf

these were my thought while reading Beowulf
I really enjoyed the story of Beowulf. the reason I chose to read this unit was because i had read it my last semester of high school so i though it would be fitting to read it my last semester here at OU. this story or i guess i should call it an epic is just packed with so much stuff. like in Grendel Attacks, when Grendel is described walking in and eating someone i just get chills. another part that i really like was in Seeking Grendel's Mother, when he sinks down down down. i think this is a very important part of the epic because it show that Beowulf is superhuman. that is one of the thing he has to do to make this an epic so with out that this would just be a story. there is one thing about Beowulf that makes me upset and that is the fact that he dies. I understand that at some point he has to die but i just hate seeing our hero die in Battle with the Dragon. Beowulf's charter is something that i admire throughout the epic. he is a good leader. A fantastic warrior and true to him self. even though he dies I like that he gives every thing to the one person who was fateful and stayed by his side. over all I really liked reading this epic even though i had already read it before. Oh i almost forgot the part where he rips off his arm is so brutal!
Beowulf fights dragon from Wikipedia 

No comments:

Post a Comment