Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Reading Diary A: Lang's European Fairy Tales

Wow so this is my last reading diary A for this class i choice to read the Lang's European Fairy Tales  unit. over all it was pretty good. I think my three favorite stories in the unit were The Master Cat, or Puss in Boots, and the continuation, The Dirty Shepherdess and the continuation, and The Young Man Who Would Have His Eyes Opened.
these are in no particular order. 
I really liked Puss in Boots because that cat is just the coolest. the first time i ever heard of puss in boots was in the movie shrek.I never knew what his story was so when i saw that in the reading i was pretty excited. I feel like puss represents the best cat of all time. He takes a lot of the characteristics that we know about cats and personifies them. the best example of this is his cleverness and his wit. he is able to trick every one into doing what he wants. and by the end of the story after all he has done he becomes royalty. 
I really liked the Dirty Shepherdess. i liked the different lessons that it had in it. like do not be quick to anger. the dada should have thought about what she was saying before he got mad at her. I am glad that she forgave him at the end. and the other lesson that looks are not everything. 
In Young Man Who Would Have His Eyes Opened i really liked the idea that knowledge is not everything infact it can even hurt you and drive you mad.
Poss in Boots from Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment